AJC electrical services were recently awarded the contract for the installation of the electrical sub mains for Stamford House, Altrincham, Manchester.
Plans to bring Altrincham’s Grade 2 listed building Stamford House ‘back to life’ were accepted by Trafford Council. The contemporary approach would convert the upper vacant floors to Apartments, revamp the retail facilities at Street level and replace the existing dilapidated building facing Altrincham’s Bus Station with a new retail extension to link with the existing Grade 2 listed building.
The first, second and third floors of the listed building would be converted into 24 apartments, a car park will be created in the basement and the ground floor retail units will be refurbished.
A single story building at the rear of the Stamford New Road house will be demolished and a single story rear extension created to provide additional retail floorspace.
AJC were tasked with the supply and installation of the electrical sub distribution mains. This entailed supplying and installing:
– 33 x single phase consumer fused cut outs.
– 5 x 3-phase fuse cut outs.
– 150mm X 150mm galvanized cable trunking between the main incoming switch fuse and the ENWL MOD16.
-120mm LSZH singles cables to connect the main incoming switch fuse and the ENWL MOD16.
-150mm X 150mm galvanised cable trunking between the main incoming switch fuse and the10 way “BEMCO” distribution unit.
– 95mm LSZH singles cables to connect the main incoming switchfuse and the10 way “BEMCO” distribution unit.
– 25mm double insulated LSZH singles cables connecting between the10 way “BEMCO” distribution unit and the consumer fused cutouts.
– 70mm main earth bond cable.
– 300mm galvanized medium duty cable ladder racking between the main incoming switchfuse located in the incoming switch room and the 10 way “BEMCO” distribution unit located in the mains room
– 95mm XLPE/SWA/LSZH 4 core cable connecting the main incoming switchfuse and the 10 way “BEMCO” distribution unit.
All of the above equipment was mounted on appropriately graded and finished meter board.
AJC carried out this installation over 4 long days as the timescale were really tight. The main contractors we were working for were so impressed with AJC’s efficiency, with out compromising the quality of our work that they asked us to return to site at a later date for additional works.
For any more information as to the types of commercial services we provide please visit our commercial electrical contractors page.